Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey everybody, i'm new to this and i feel stupid because when i go to my web site to view what i have up there, it says "web site under construction" when i put /home.html (i named the html i designed home), it comes up fine. is there any way i can make it come up automatically when i just type the domain in? (so home.html doesnt have to be typed?)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Renaming the file to index.html should usually do the trick. Most servers are designed to show you index.html if you don't type a filename explicitly. If the file is named anything else, you usually have to provide the filename.

Member #
    Shadow is correct. Obviously it depends on your host server. Usually, their FAQ should cover it.
    You can also set the home.html as your homepage, but again your host should have that feature in their FAQ. You can always call them.
    Saving it as index.html will 99% of the time result in that being your home page. So, to eliminate any more work just rename your home.html file.

Good luck.....
    GMan

Member #
    thanks, guys, i figured something along those lines would have to be done, i just couldnt put my finger on exactly what :-P

Remove Ads