Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey guys. As the title sas I am a noob, but I know enough to figure it out or, screw it up really bad.

I have a site I am working on right now that I want to add a shopping cart to. I am currently toying around with cubecart and think it is "OK." Here's what I am looking for, if your a wiz please help me to find the product I need.

1. Multiple Vendors - They need to be able to signup themselves and have pre-set restrictions on what they can access in the admin section. They should only be able to view their own products. Products have to be approved by me before they are active to sell.

2. Inventory Management - I would like a good inventory management system that keeps track of real-time inventory. I will need to have the ability to view all of the orders and check them off as I fulfill them. I also want Min/Max or a smart type of re-ordering system that sends automatic inventory requests to the specified vendor.

3. I want to have the ability to change the look of the shopping cart store into a window that pops-up when a link is clicked on. For example, when you go to John Doe's site you can check out his page, but you can also click on a link that will bring up his products in his shopping cart in a different window(small one). There you will have 3 tabs for products categories, pictures and prices of the products, and a mini-shopping cart that calculates total purchase price. I want the whole order to be processed through this window.

4. Integrated shipping and quotes through USPS, fed-ex and UPS.

What do you guys think? Quite a tall order? What do you think is a good estimate for cost for what I need done here?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    This may be a task for more than one package. That is to say, don't assume all of the functionality will be found in one package; you may have to look for several that work together to achieve the same effect.

Member #
    Research...........and time. That is about all you can do to get all of those features in one package.
    I recently did a site for a company that has storage lockers. They needed software that could handle what they need.
    Problem is that most "storage software" is written for storage (self-store) companies, so it didn't have the features it needed to be customized (out of the box).

So, I took a list of everything they needed it to do and sent it to the websites of the companies and got back varied responses. Some answering all of my questions, some doing some of the features, some with responses like "nope, can't work"......and that was all they said!
    I found a company who could customize it to the customers needs and didn't charge them extra! They set it up and the customer was good to go with all the features they needed.

I'm sure most of the people on here that post, know of different shopping carts, but I think you will be hard pressed to find someone who may know speciifically if it will do all those features.
    So, the best advice I can give is to type out everything you need into one email and then BCC the companies you want to send it to.

Good luck.....
    GMan

Member #
    Sounds like the best thing to do is e-mail a long description of what is needed and see if the cart companies can modify to my specifications.

I know I have alot of research in front of me, but does anyone have any suggestions on what companies to begin with?

Remove Ads