Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Do any of you know of a comprehensive, online tutorial specilizing in creating all-flash websites? Please tell me, as that will be of great help.

Thank you,
    Jeffrey Lu
    I have seen your future, and I have learned
    There will be no more Sadness. No more Anger. No more Envy.
    I HAVE WON!!!!

Member #
    I have used www.flashadvisor.com in the past when I have needed something.
    It has a pretty decent tuturial section and you may find something there useful.

Good luck.....
    GMan

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, I'm personally a fan of the guideline `NEVER create an all-flash website'.... But that's just me ;-)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfiend
    Well, I'm personally a fan of the guideline `NEVER create an all-flash website'.... But that's just me ;-)
    to expand on that if you make an all flash site you are creating a slow loading unaccessable site. also some people prefer simpler content that is easy to navigate.
    Thee Pyro Wolf

Member #
    Well, there are certain advantages to creating an all-flash website.

Despite the slowness of a usual Flash website, the interface is what the customer sees, and using an all-flash website is considered "cool" in our society and is highly admired by teenagers or middle-aged people. It's always good to make a good first impression.

That's only how I think, though,
    Jeffrey Lu
    I have seen your future, and I have learned
    There will be no more Sadness. No more Anger. No more Envy.
    I HAVE WON!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    And you're entirely right, or at least you were about a year and a half ago. But tools to make things you used to see only in Flash happen with XHTML+CSS+JS have become significantly more common over the past several months, meaning that it's now easy to make something that used to only be feasible in Flash with plain old text and no plugins (Google Maps, for example, is one of those things that I, at least, thought was done in Flash for the first few minutes; now, I'm disappointed when I see something that does the same thing in Flash instead of good ol' XHTML).

Remember, the typical end user isn't going to right-click on the content area to see if you're doing something in Flash or not, they'll just see the snazzy graphics. Lightbox is an excellent example of something very slick that isn't done in Flash.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfiend
    And you're entirely right, or at least you were about a year and a half ago. But tools to make things you used to see only in Flash happen with XHTML+CSS+JS have become significantly more common over the past several months, meaning that it's now easy to make something that used to only be feasible in Flash with plain old text and no plugins (Google Maps, for example, is one of those things that I, at least, thought was done in Flash for the first few minutes; now, I'm disappointed when I see something that does the same thing in Flash instead of good ol' XHTML).

Remember, the typical end user isn't going to right-click on the content area to see if you're doing something in Flash or not, they'll just see the snazzy graphics. Lightbox is an excellent example of something very slick that isn't done in Flash.
    You make a good point also to expand on that a site written in plan old text is alot easier to read and render plus certen elements can be easily modified without all the hassel of third party software.
    Thee Pyro Wolf

Remove Ads