Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    So I have an e-commerce site http://www.proaudioland.com that was designed by someone else and I need to learn the neccesary skills to update and change the site when I want, without being held hostage to the original programmer. Im not talking about changing prices, photos or basic HTML stuff but real changes as my business dictates without screwing up the stuff thats already there.

I have a good handle on HTML, some CSS and have used microsoft Access/MySQL to upload and change new and old inventory items etc. I know very little about .ASP and VBScripts but have altered some existing files on the site to get them act how I need as changes happen, but I can see getting into trouble there.

My question is this what is the next step for me to be able to manage and make changes on my site? for example should I learn .ASP, VBScript or MySQL next??? of course the ultimate goal is to learn everything, just want to go about it the right way and make the best use of my time.

Any suggestions are appreciated
    Thanks

Member #
    I would learn ASP code that interacts with a database, as MySQL possibly has a lot of features that you will never need to use.

Learning enough ASP to output data from a database is more similarto your needs.

Member #
    Thanks for your response much appreciated. Whats the best way to learn .ASP book, online course, classes etc do you have any suggestions.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'd find a book, or just poke around online for tutorials. Every person learns a different way.

Remove Ads