Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I've been out of Web Design for a good year and a bit now, and this is the first thing I've designed in ages. I've been stuck programming for ages so I think this definiately needs some work. I just can't picture what I can do it with though. Any constructive thoughts on it would be excellent.

Oh yeah. Don't worry about the Heading area or the logo. I have a logo I need to get from college to put in there, and I'm still yet to create the menu (mulling a few menu ideas around my head) before I code this.

One more thing. With some work, do you think it's sellable?

Member #
    Theres so many open source web templates nowadays that i dont think many people actually buy them unless they are businesses needing HUGE projects e.t.c.

You could actually post your site instead of an image becaus ethen we could actually comment on the site...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by simpleurl
    Theres so many open source web templates nowadays that i dont think many people actually buy them unless they are businesses needing HUGE projects e.t.c.

You could actually post your site instead of an image becaus ethen we could actually comment on the site...
    http://www.sitepoint.com/marketplace seems to do pretty well for itself.

As far as posting the site I wanted a review on the design. I'm not going to code this design unless I know it's worth it. Whether I code it or not it's going to look the same as the design.

Member #
    First of all, there's no nav.

The text is hard to read. It needs a little more line spacing, and probably should be lessened to 450px width.

Obviously the image can be replaced with anything, but currently, it has a lot of real estate. Good real estate.

My biggest objection though is just the idea in general. I think it's better to assess a client's needs and design for them instead of trying to put someone into an existing design.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads