Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Advice needed!

Member #
    Hello there!
    My Dad is looking for somewhere to sign me up for work experience in web design. I'm really excited about it, one company Said they would but then changed thier minds saying that they had a big project on, My Dad has finally found somewhere but I might not be going for some time. I'm extremely interested in web design after being on an online simulation game where users can have a desplay "banner" I made these banners for about a year and am now one of the most popular "bannermakers" I taught lots of people to make banners and made myself a free and VERY basic website for exampes that is in serious need of updating... www.freewebs.com/rantan
    anyhow, after looking around, Adobe seems to be the only stuff that the pros use and since I might be helping out/watching some web designers in action I would like to get to know the software... fortunetly for me Adobe has 30 day free trials on nearly every product and I'v already downloaded Dreamweaver and photoshop CS2 I find the software EXTREMELY confusing and was wondering if anyone could help me out with the software and/or help me find the right suff because I'm completely lost with this!!!

thanks very much!
    -Cre8ive

ps, the stuff that I'm fimiliar with is Paint Shop Pro X and 8 and I'm getting used to photoshop cs2 a bit more now! except I think its very silly that there is no Undo-redo buttons :ermm:

Member #
    If you want to learn Photoshop I recommend that you just dive in start using it. Set yourself some mini-projects - create banners, touch up photos, or mock-up websites. The software is fairly intuitive, and learning by doing is a fun and productive way of learning. Failing that, just buy a book or google for tutorials (sorry, I can't really help with this, I picked up Photoshop on my own over the past 7 years or so)

Tip: Press CTRL-ALT-Z to step backwards through your undo list, and CTRL-SHIFT-Z to step forwards. You also have a history palette if you want to step back to a specific point. This is set to 20 (I think) by default, but you can change this in the options screen (I have mine set to 200 )

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I'd say Photoshop is intuitive, but only once you get past the basic...and those can be confusing if you're just starting out.

However, it's the de facto standard for almost anything 2D bitmap graphics-related, so you'll definitely want to learn it.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Remove Ads