Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Template Issues

Member #
    Hello all,
    I need some guidance with a template that i have used to build www.ascentsation.com
    1) i would like to be able to utilize the "real estate" on the right hand side---with either tables from each of my categories---or with more specials or clearance items.
    2)i would like to include a "scrollable table" for each category like that at www.fragrancenet.com for men's fragrances, women's fragrances, unisex fragrances etc...
    any, and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    Thank You,
    cdbrown

ljm
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    For number 2, that site has used frames to do it. You can do the same thing with CSS. Wrap the part you want to scroll in a DIV ([minicode]<div id='something'>HTML</div>[/minicode]), then add [minicode]overflow: scroll;[/minicode] to the CSS element relating to that div. You need to give it a fixed height.

It makes the content scroll instead of streching the div.

For your first request, it could be a little more complicated since you've used a template, and not your own design.

Member #
    erm you used a template, cant you get introuble for using templates? or do you mean the ones that come with dreamweaver?

I think your a little like me, no real graphical tallent i mean i can do banners and stuff better then that but its not like i can draw or anything.

but ne ways im going a lil offtopic, but id suggest new banner that one is hideous, id be embarressed to give some one that.. also the names of companies like kalvin cline etc id put them so they blend into background same color etc. same with your pictures in side bar. also try and fix up your images they are alll pixelated. sorry but im not sure you planned your images for your site before you started.

i think thats all i can cover try not to use templates

Remove Ads