Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello,

I have aquired a domain name to a rather large city. The domain name gets about 50 to 60 visits a day (type in traffic). I have tracked it, and everyday is all unique IP addresses... like 10% are return visits.
    I'm struggling with ideas. I put a poll up for people to fill out. The title is "why are you here". Most of them are out of towners looking for things in lexington.
    My partner, who is doing the programming part, recommends a very easy, non confusing navigation system. Like, the index page would be "what do you want to do".. Then that would take to the next page that would break down their interests even further. He says that the navigation would be so simple, it would make the site popular compared to other sites that are cluttered. I have an idea to put up a discussion forum. Also, to maybe charge businesses to advertise.
    Those are pretty much our ideas. If anyone would have any good ideas for this, that would be greatly appreciated. I've never designed a site for a big city before. And i'm short on ideas.
    Thanks,
    Erik

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    How about a treasure hunt with clues starting out on the
    website and scattered around the city. The forum would
    have people discussing the hunt, and businesses supplying
    some prizes w/advertising and drawing customers.

Member #
    how old are the customers coz i think treasure hunt would suite the age of a 2 yr old im 16 and i wouldnt like a treasure hunt

Remove Ads