Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am not a professional web designer by nay means.. And I have never paid for a domain (I used tripod's free service before). So I have a few questions before I begin building this webstie I've been "hired" to set up. (The person realies I'm not a pro... but they're fine with the amateur stuff they've seen me do before)...
    a)I need a web hosting service that is cheap, but enough to handle say.... 10-20 mb total in the end. He has about 24-30 pictures that will be enlargable (to about 600x800 MAXIMUM) and just some basic business information. The traffic will not be veyr high per month. MAybe 30-50 people at its peak. Can you recommend one? Preferably a reputable one that we can trust if we MUST pay via credit cards, although, a hosting service that allows methods other than internet payment (bill in the mail, etc) might be even better for me)...
    b) As I mentioned above, I used tripod before... I designed my website ENTIRELY using the Trelix system or whatever it is on Tripod and I was happy with it, but I have Frontpage, and I am able to use it if needed. Which hosts offer this type of system (like Trelix)? and which dont offer anything (meaning I would have to use Frontpage)?

By the way. I am Canadian, and I am looking for something preferably under $10.00 CDN/month or around $100/year. I will need both domain AND web hosting services.

Member #
    I use 1and1, they are pretty good and don't cost much. If you get the basic package i think you will be able to host for a year and afford a domain name for around $100 CDN.

Also 1and1 comes with a site builder and a million free bits of software that will help you develop your website.

Member #
    Godaddy.com offers cheap hosting. Just make sure they allow Frontpage extensions.

Member #
    what arethe details on domain leasing? I dont get it exactly.... If I tell the site I want to sign up for a basic package, and they send a $100 bill at the end of the year, I pay it.... wont my lease stay alive and my site stay up? Or will I have to go online set it all u again.. etc? I would prefer to have this guy enter his payemnt information once, and only once, and NOT have him come back once a year to reenter it all....

Member #
    ok, Im checking out 1and1 and Im looking at their beginner and home (2.99 and 4.99 per month).... Im no pro at understanding all the info, and the linux ad above it is confusing me.... Can I use front page for SOME stuff on the site, and then use their web builer tool for the OTHER stuff? and secondly, how do you pay that site? credit card? paypal? mail? phone?

Remove Ads