Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I want to set up a page to sell an ebook. I know how to create a form to collect info, but I don’t know how to connect that to online payments, automated delivery of pdf (I’m assuming a download link), and notification of sale after. Can someone advise me of a “shopping list” so to speak or point me in the direction of a good reference site?

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    What format is the ebook in?

Example:
    http://www.php-mag.net/

They have an online / in print magazine, and when you buy the online magazine (PDF format), to unzip it and to read it you have to type in your password for your account on their website (the PDF does not connect to their website though). The magazine's cover has your name on it as well.

Basically, you should try to look for a cart that has automatic editing / encryption of a PDF to protect your bottom line, or worst case scenario, if someone does leak your ebook out on the net, you can find out who it is.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Thank you for the reply, Wired. I had a look at the link and something like that might work, but now it has been decided that the product will be in the form of several word documents ( course modules ) all provided at the time of purchase. The idea is to have a 2 to 3 page site with PP payment button. I know I can have PP reroute back to the site after the purchase and possibly do something like a password protected download, but how can I do that without having to create a membersip database? Do I have to create some sort of autoresponder with the necessary link and passcodes going to their email or can I just send them automatically to a download page that is open for a limited time?

Member #
    Another question.. is it necessary to have a shopping cart when selling just one item? If so, which ones have you worked with or prefer?
    Thanks

Remove Ads