Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello, I am currently re-designing pulpingfiction.com, a blog site of a friend of mine. He doesn't know HTML, so me and another friend do all the HTML work while he just writes the blogs. We wanted to get the site going as soon as possible, so we just used a free template. We would like to have an original look though, so I am redesigning the site from scratch. I have the basic design laid out, but it definitely needs something more. I'm not sure what else I can add -- maybe a little design in the black space below the content box? Give me some ideas, I'll probably implement them. Also, I'm planning on adding a footer somewhere, and feel free to critique any part I've created so far, though I won't be changing the left hand portion of the big logo (upper left-hand corner).

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...creenshot2.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    I'm not a big fan of white text on black background.

You should try a couple of variations of the content box (the black one) and see
    if making the box light color with black text would be easier to read.

The black outer body color could stay (or maybe a dark gray instead of black).

My eyes just go goofy with white text on black backgrounds ... a personal thing.

Member #
    I dont really like the buttons, perhaps its the contrast of the silver on the black/dark grey? I also quite like the look of rounded corners on blog content, maybe they could be rounded on just one corner and the rest pointy? i think that looks pretty cool.
    besides those little things, the design itself is pretty cool!

Remove Ads