Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi people of d'forum! Ive searched the forum but wasnt succesful!

Quick question: Is there a rule of thumb for how many internal page links you should put at the bottom of your site? (for navigation) If you see the two example jpgs (as working offline) the one has a link to all of the pages on the site im building, the second has just the main sections.

Im certainly no expert but i believe that the first will be better for my SEO for this site? (Oh am i right in saying this is not black hat SEO as i only have one link to each page, and each link is that pages title?)

What do you think? Is it too busy? What would you do?

Hope your expertise can guide me!
    Cheers,
    Edd.

Member #
    2nd one far too busy, i would go with the 1st. look neater and more professional. 2nd looks like a badly designed page with as many link as humanly possible

1st one for me:thumbsup:

Member #
    Cheers Karloff!

I do agree that the second is to busy! How many would you be tempted to put at the bottom of your websites? (for future reference)

Am i better to try and stick to just two lines max?

Cheers Edd.

Quote Originally Posted by Karloff
    2nd one far too busy, i would go with the 1st. look neater and more professional. 2nd looks like a badly designed page with as many link as humanly possible

1st one for me:thumbsup:

Member #
    hard to say how many. it depend. i would say your best sticking to what is really needed. two lines max - imo

i would look at it like, well if your site is designed well they will be able to navigate through the main navigation to where they want to go easily. don't think its as black and white as two lines. try keep it to only the links that are needed/useful.

:thumbsup:

Remove Ads