Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Does anyone know if one exists? I would really like to have a website emulator which was in flash or perhaps java. That way perspective clients would be able to see a full working version of their website without being able to rip out the code and images. You would just input your website into the program and it would display but within a java/flash window, thus making it impossible to view source code.

Has anyone heard of anything like this?

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    could use a program like FRAPS and take a video of yourself using the website, and then send them the video.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Yeah i know, i was hoping there was something about that would allow clients to play around with their site without me being at risk from having the coding/images stolen.

I guess i could make a video

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, you'd essentially have to embed a rendering engine in Flash, and there's no way that would be efficient in any way. Not to mention the fact that people who are motivated to take the code (not that you can really steal HTML... It's pretty plain stuff...) and images will probably just take a screenshot and extract the images from that.

Remove Ads