Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Okay so I'm assuming this is the right place for this...

Attached is a screenshot of a typical page of a website I'm designing. Now, does anybody else think that the 'flatness' of the top makes it look a bit stupid? Or sort of, unfinished? Like usually there's a title or a logo above the main text but because the main text begins right away and those two things run down each side it kind of looks a bit odd?

Does anybody like it? Or agree with me? Thoughts?

Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Member #
    Yeah I think something needs to be there even if its just a thin red line or something, but I quite like the simplicity of it all, i'd have to see the site in the flesh to really know but sometimes very clean and simple sites sites can work well

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Very empty design... it takes minimalism too far, in my opinion.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I really like it, I think it looks really nice. But I do agree that a red line at the top could look cool, or maybe lines like this: ///////// going across the top...
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    Pretty boring imo

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Okay thanks but I was only asking for opinions on what I said - the flatness of the top

I'll try it with a red line or what you suggested, raspberry, thank you

Member #
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with trying to be different, or trying something new. The problem that this layout suffers from is focus. There's nothing on the page that will draw the visitors eye to the appropriate part of the page. The natural inclination of most western men and women, when confronted with a page layout is to focus first, top center and then move to top left. Generally speaking, this is why most western layouts are designed around the banner or masthead format. For your layout to work effectively, you will need to provide something that works as a graphic element on the page, that will draw the visitors eye towards that part of the page that you think they should see first. Left as it is I suspect that reactions like those of SolidGold will be fairly typical.
    End of Line.

Member #
    I like it, it would be a very good page for displaying bulk information, things like terms and Conditions and FAQ's. If you plan your whole site to be like that though i think it would be a bit boring.

Member #
    Instead of a line you might try putting 3d or 2 color shaded intro line, "the business page" to give it some depth. Just a thought...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Bear in mind that this isn't finished and I was only really asking for critique on the thing I mentioned in the first post...

But yeah, I was thinking of putting a red/crimson sort of messy background in the top left, like something by the artist David Carson, that sort of highlighted the 'home' title and contrasted the logo on the right (which would be against the plain white).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads