Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    My newest job.
    I just really want to know at a rough price how much to charge for this site.

Sunny Paws Computers

in this site they want, loads of php. They want me to make a shopping cart, log ins, sign up etc. they also want a search bar where you can search the site for products and items that they sell. this site contains also has 17 unique pages with products on them. I think this will require me to make a custom user interface for them to edit it easily without ruining the code at all.

it is for my mates uncle, and i dont think we are getting a good deal.

it is semi hard to show exactly what he wants i have a lil booklet and i dont want to scan every single page.

Member #
    Charge what you feel is right.

I changed 600 for what you seem to have, the differences between the projects is that this projects doesn't have a shopping cart but does have a forum which needs to be heavily modified and integrated into the site. I also am becoming the webmaster of this site for first month to help them get going.

I can charge this because i have no overheads and personally i felt that this was a fair price considering the development time.

I also charged 25 to turn a psd into a html site , this was because it was only 2 hours of my time.

Work out how long this is going to take and how many people are making it. If it will take 2 designers a month working on it for 5 days a week then obviously you want over 600 to cover your wages.

Charge a price which you feel makes it worth your time.

Member #
    also this is my first job , you think it will take a month? and i do got 2 designers but my talent is far beyond his. and this is australian $ so about 1400 dollars

Member #
    I wasn't suggesting it would take a month, it was just an example.

There is no real framework for pricing.

You could charge hourly for this but on a big project its not a good idea because delays or things which you haven't factored in will lead to the price going up. This will be hard to explain to the client.

The best way is to estimate the time involved of creating the website and then charging accordingly. Work out if you are going to build the shopping cart yourself or deploy a ready created one. I personally have no experience with shopping carts so unfortunately cannot give you a decent timescale. Saying this I would charge more than what you are charging for it though.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeah, watch out with shopping carts. They're rather complicated.

But if this is your first job, I'd charge somewhat less and tell the customer `understand, I'm charging you less, but what I'd like from you in return is, if someone tells you they need a website done, you tell them about me'.

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    I'd recommend using a CMS and pre-done shopping cart. Less headaches overall.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Figure out your hourly rate first. Say if you bill $50/hour and do a good estimate of how much time it is going to take you. If you think it will take 20 hours, then add another 5 hours for things that will pop up later.
    iRevamp - SEO Service in Minneapolis St Paul, the Twin Cities

Member #
    If do decide to build using a shopping cart system id recommend CubeCart.
    20 hours is very ambitious though, ive just built my first cart and its took around 50 hours plus extra time for alot of different mods
    Regards Phil,

Remove Ads