Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: interview tips

Member #
    I have a couple of interview coming up for my 1st Web job(junior), got any tips?

was considering crotch-less panties.... what do you think?

all serious or humorous tips considered

Member #
    Relax > Work out what you plan to say > Make sure you fit it in.

A laptop with your sites on may also be beneficial.

As for crotch-less panties... women would be offended, homophones would try to cut your wang off... so... err... to avoid injury, don't :ninja:.

Member #
    Not specific to web jobs, but I looked up some advice when I started getting interviews, and one of the key points that I picked up on was to know the business/employer you have applied for.

Such as check out their website, know their plans/history, maybe even have a wander around their premises, legally I mean!

Yeah like perad said, relax. Think of it as the employer, they have a criteria, they will ask the right questions to see how appropiate you are, you just answer them truthfully and confidently and all should be well.

Member #
    They're not there for you and you're not there for them, so don't act that way. You're both there mutually, in mutual interest. With that knowledge, relax a bit and try to make it as cheerful as possible. Remember that interviewing is not a one way thing; they don't just ask you questions. They're interested in your interest. It should be conversational, but don't go overboard with it.

Depending on circumstances, they'll more likely hire the person with spirit more than the person with little spirit but greater talent because the former is easier to work with while the latter is usually a cocky pain in the butt. They can sum you up pretty quick - they'll have an impression of you, whether good or bad, literally within the first 10 seconds.

If you have a brief case or a nice looking bag, bring it along with a copy of your portfolio, resume, and references. If you don't have a case, bring a manila folder or something decent looking. Just don't show up empty handed. You won't look prepared.

Member #
    thanks guys, i'll be preparing over the weekend and i'll post back to let you know how i went. Also got a meeting with a new freelance client after interview on monday so all is good

ps: on a side note, just recieved news that a flat i was bidding for was accepted so today couldn't have been better!

cheers all :thumbsup:

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, I'd say that, if you have time, work out a little while before your interview (and obviously take a shower afterwards ;-)). Nothing to put you in a good mood quite like endorphins running through your body for a non-fear-related reason :-P

Member #
    had my 1st interview today. didn't go well (imo), really nervious and never really talked myself up. pretty annoyed at myself. don't think i've ever been that nervous in an interview. really don't why i got that way. they said they let me know next week, but i ani't hopful.

thanks for the tips, hopfully it goes better tomor

Member #
    Perhaps the crotchless panties would have helped lol

oh yeah, don't sweat it, you will less nervous in the next one.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Interviews are all but worthless in many web jobs. In my opinion, you should take your time promoting your portfolio and work rather than working on your personality. Just be yourself, don't try and be a "better" person, more polite or anything.

You're better off bringing in some print-outs of your work on some nice black mat than dressing up like you never really do in real life.

I guess ehh... just be yourself Don't sweat it. Most people judge your work, not your personality.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    just back from the other, felt a lot more confident. think i'm a strong candidate but its experience job till feb so i would have to try wangle another job that pays to keep the money coming in.

after interview i got a call offering me a p/t job doing web support so that could be an option while i do the experience role.

i'll have to do my sums tho and see if i can keep my morgage payments up????

here hoping:thumbsup:

Remove Ads