Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Please Help!

Member #
    Ok, I am completely self taught at webdesign and I am a photographer I am working on a new site

Here is my other one if you are interested in seeing it. http://mathewsphotos.com

anyways! I need some help, and I was told you were just the people to help me!

Ok, I am running a new wedding photography website, and I am wanting to have a "Create your own package" section on the site. I am wanting people to be able to select items they want included in their package, and for it to automatically update the price on the bottom of the page. I hope this is making sense.... I am using Frontpage.

So what I want is for people to be able to see what price they are up to now that they are changing things. Like they may want 6 hours of coverage, and a DVD slideshow, and then I want the page to refresh to show them the price....

Is this something I have to get a "shopping cart" for?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    -Chris Mathews

Member #
    Are they actually going to be paying for this package over the internet? This can be done easily enough with JavaScript and/or PHP. If they will create there own package the order it then you will need a shopping cart.

If they want to make enquires and book then you won't need a shopping cart.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Perad
    Are they actually going to be paying for this package over the internet? This can be done easily enough with JavaScript and/or PHP. If they will create there own package the order it then you will need a shopping cart.

If they want to make enquires and book then you won't need a shopping cart.
    not necessarily, i was thinking that they could just enquire, and then they could finish it, add their name and e-mail address and then it would e-mail me the info. I understand forms, I just dont know how to make it so they know the price....kinda like the way a spreadsheet works i guess?

Member #
    If you don't want a shopping cart, then just post a price list on your enquiry page. Then, use a contact form, with check boxes for the services, and they can check off what they are interested in.

If you want them to be able to pay for the services online, check PayPal, they are partners with several shopping cart sites, that will allow super easy integration into your site, and they also are reputable companies.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    can i just add - they're some very snazzy skateboarding pictures!

Member #
    thanks to everyone for there help, i think i am going to have it where they pick what they want and i e-mail them back

Member #
    Then, I would go with a regular e-mail form with check boxes.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Okay, it looks like this has gone on a tangent. What you want is a small application that basically works as a calculator. It can be done in Javascript, AJAX, php, asp, amongst others. I'm sure you can find an open source code that lets people select items and choose quantities, and update a "total" field. They can continue to play with the numbers, and when they're happy, press a button to send you an email.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads