Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Redirect

Member #
    Hello everyone, the situation is that I have a form and when a user clicks a button they need to be redirected to another page, I have seen some examples from Google but from what I have seen its all upon users visiting a page then being redirected, not quite what I am looking for, Any help on how to approach this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Do you know any server-side languages like PHP, ASP, Perl, C#, Ruby, etc? If not, you'll either have to learn one of them or use a prewritten script in one of them. Those forms generally submit data and then redirect you to a page, and there's a way to specify all of that for the prewritten scripts.

You'll have to find out first which server-side language your webhost supports (PHP and Perl are usually there, ASP less often).

Member #
    I'm a little confused by your post. How can a redirect not be what you're looking for if you're looking for a redirect? Sure, there are several ways of doing a redirect, but they all have the same result.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Thanks for all of your replies, I eventually found that a php header is all that I needed, I only got confused because I thought the header script executed when the script was passed through the server, but I was then told that it didnt :S so it only redirects when a form button is pressed.

Remove Ads