Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: seo and design

Member #
    well I have been really happy with all my "dot la" domains so I purchased another one today www.CosmeticLaser.la :lick: and I am now looking to develop the site, seo the life out of it and make some $$$$ .

Here is my question: Should I team up with an seo company or just handle this one myself. :bandit: I really want fast results on this site since I know how big the Cosmetic Laser scene is in Los Angeles and I want to capture a few % of it !!!

Member #
    If your site is complete as it is then do the SEO yourself. I say this because no one is going to be attracted to a site like it is at the moment.

If your going to be making a proper site with a good design then how you go about SEO should be down to your budget. If you budgets small then do it yourself, there are plenty of articles scattered around about how you do it. If you have a large budget then you should hire a company if you feel that they can do a better job than you.

Member #
    good observation Perad! I did mention I just purchased the domain...so yes the site will need to be developed

Member #
    Definitely read up on SEO. I do not know of companies that do SEO without designing a site, because so much of SEO comes in development. Maybe there are consultants? I don't know!

Any how, what I do know is that at a bare minimum for SEO, you should use proper, clean mark-up with a well-defined heirarchy, and CSS for layout.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Search Engine Optimization for Dummies 2nd edition is a good book for starters. It covers all bases. Keep in mind that web design and SEO are not completely separated. A search engine-friendly design can make SEO a whole lot easier.
    For web design, definitely learn how to use css and html. Once you get a grip of that, start with the basic SEO techniques like title tags or backlinks. You certainly can do it yourself, but there will be a learning curve. It may pay to consult with an expert to get you started.
    iRevamp - SEO Service in Minneapolis St Paul, the Twin Cities

Member #
    net magazine ran an article on SEO a while ago, im sure you could get a hold of that

Member #
    well I started working on the site there is some progress

Member #
    develop you seo strategy throughout the development of your website, they 2 should be intergrated, rather than seperate

Remove Ads