Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have been trying to set up a template on my website. I have everything set and looking good. I have one small (OK, Big) problem to overcome first.

I have set my images in tables as you can see from the link below. At the very bottom of the page (the last "row") I have images on the left and a section designated as "rest" on the right. I want the right side to be as long as it needs to be without the images on the left side of that row moving. I would like those images to remain at the top of the table. Is that possible?

Image here: http://www.tennis4you.com/help.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Scott Baker

Member #
    Set valign="top" on the menu cell.

But let me warn you that tables are not used for layout. There is no point elaborating here, as there is an exactly similar topic in HTML Discussion, but I highly suggest you to swith to CSS-based layouts.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    I appreciate the help. I will set that valignment and see what happens. I am self taught on all web based stuff so I am a complete noob. I am not familiar with CSS based anything.

Member #
    Then try to learn it, it is absolutely essential. I'm also self-taught, I never read any tutorials until I understood half of HTML through trial and error. If you need help, I recommend http://www.htmldog.com, where I learned my CSS. (I hope that doesn't count as advertising)
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Yea, if you are just starting, learn CSS before it is too late. If you learn it now, your life will be much easier.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    Scott,

Give us the actual link to your page.

Remove Ads