Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have had pictures on my site for a year with no problems. A few days ago I added some new pictures. the page is showing correctly with all the images showing on Firefox but on IE some of the new images are only shown with their descriptions and the little red x. Some new pictures are showing and some are not.
    I tried deleting the entire page and loading it again to the server and it is still not working.
    I have received a few emails from people saying the pictures are not there. What should I do? They are there in Firefox but not in IE. Help!

Member #
    link?

Member #
    oops...I just figured that my signature was link enough...
    http://www.colonialzone-dr.com/pictu...s_sights3.html

Member #
    1st add a doc type to your code and make sure it validates. best way to start i think.

but as for the quick answer i'm not sure. not seen this before. but your pics work fine in firefox (pop-up views as well), so i'm pretty sure it would be somthing to do with your iframes

Member #
    Sorry for being stupid but what is doc type?
    This is baffeling. All the pictures worked fine. And Some of the pictures, which were added at the same time are showing up. It is the same on this page also
    http://www.colonialzone-dr.com/pictu...monuments.html
    some pictures are showing and others are not.
    I even deleted the page and pictures and re-did them and it is still the same. It's a baffeling mystery...jejejej

Member #
    check the wc3 web site.. or google doc type. it tell the browser what type of mark up lang ur using (xhtml/html). don't take that as gospel, not slept muchand i need to go to my bed. i'll post a better answer in morn

Member #
    Type the images full path into your browser, if you can view them then we know its how you are referencing them in your source code that is at fault.

Member #
    The pictures are showing on Firefox browser but not in IE. I did type in the full image path into IE and the picture did come up. It is there it is just not showing on the regular page. Internet Explorer has the box, and the ugly red X.

Member #
    I fixed it. IE doesnt like when I had the in the file name. I changed it to o without the little mark above the o and the pictures are all showing up now. Seems IE doesn't like the symbols.
    All is good..Thanks for trying to help

Remove Ads