Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hey guys i'm experienced with web design but new to photoshop 7. I've used it a little bit here and there to doctor up pictures but i'm no expert. I'm trying to make a website for my fraternity that is very professional looking but also very graphically intensive since there really isn't all that much content. I'm looking to use brotherhood photos and the crest somewhere in the design. Our colors are blue, silver, white, black, gold and maroon. A picture of the crest can be found at www.tech-area.com/h/techarea/crest.bmp. I've looked around to see what other fraternities do for their websites, but to be honest, most of them are very beginner looking, bland, and basically just suck. I could use all help i can get here with suggestions and ideas because i don't really know where to begin. Usually i'd look at someone elses site and use it as a reference, but like i said, most of the fraternity sites i found are just bland and very beginner looking. Since a fraternity is a buisness, it has to be professional, graphically intensive, and also have room for a little information here and there. No flash or anything of the sort is wanted/needed. The name of the fraternity is Chi Phi Alpha. The links will be "Brothers","Calender","Member Access","Rush Information", and "Contact"....Any help would be appreciated, Thanks guys!

Member #
    firstly, whats a fraternity?!
    why is the crest a 3d replica of a 1600s blacksmiths crest?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by solidgold
    firstly, whats a fraternity?!
    why is the crest a 3d replica of a 1600s blacksmiths crest?
    Like a college fraternity...you really don't know what that is? It's supposed to be a replica as it symbolizes strength and other things.

Member #
    A fraternity is a social club for male undergraduates
    Why not have the crest as the header (please change it, .bmp is yuk) then have 3 columns, the left and right columns can have more images/text and the central column can have more info if you like.

Member #
    I was thinking of doing something like that but the crest is rather large and doesn't really fit into the page anywhere because of its shape. Plus its juts kind of crappy looking in general as its not well defined and id like it to have a little bit more of a "plastic" look to it and 3D it a little bit but i don't know how ....suggestions?

Member #
    A fraternity is a social club for male undergraduates
    ahh right, its an american thing!

Member #
    Photoshop out the white background, and give it a dropshadow. You can also resize it in PS, so that it is banner height, and then add your frat name beside it or under it for a banner.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Cool i played around with it and this is what i have so far: http://www.tech-area.com/h/techarea/ChiPhi/ ...i think it looks really good as an enter page, now i need something for the main page you go to when you click the crest image. Im not sure what to do for the main layout

Member #
    haha! the splash(intro) page looks good, but how come the main layout page has a picture of fat people clenching their fists?!! hahaha! you crazy americans...

Member #
    oh and just out of curiosity, what does 'chi phi alpha' mean?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads