Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Advertising

Member #
    Does the language I use for website design like ASP.NET or PHP limit or increase the number of adverts I can put on my website.

I know PHP has great following, does that mean that organisations are more likley to put ads on my website if I use PHP or how I put ads on my website depends upon me and not on the programming language.

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    They are both tools, and being that, their usefulness and limitations depend completely upon whomever is utilizing said tools.

In otherwords, NO! Program in whatever language you want, it won't affect ads!
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    The programming languages you use never touch the resulting stuff you send to a viewer aside from what you tell it to. They usually only provide the stuff, but they never have any direct influence on it (unlike JS, which stays with your HTML).

PHP or ASP will never output or give any information to your users unless you tell it to (or you forget to tell it not to - PHP can automatically show errors, but you can tell it to stay quiet when it happens). Therefore unless you show the name in the url (like www.mysite.com/blah.php), you explicitly say so, or it sends out information on its own (only in special cases, like errors), nobody else will ever know what server-side programming technology you use.

And thus it will never affect any advertising.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Remove Ads