Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Web Contract

Member #
    hello again guys. checky request here:nervous:

i'm currently trying to write a web contract and i'm looking for some help. i have had a look about the web and found some contracts to refer to but i was wondering if anyone here would be willing to send me a copy of theirs (not to copy) so i can see if i have missed anything. even if you would be greatful enough to PM me.

I'm having trouble trouble making it sound right.

how should i phrase the part where i expect 40% pay up front and the rest on completion date?

i understand that it is very checky to ask you to send me a copy of your contract but i will honestly asure you that i do not intend to plagiarise any of it. only want to confirm what i've got is keeps me fully covered

also, just to let you know i would post my own contract that i have so far but i am in work and the damm computer keeps on timming out every time i try to upload it.

any advise or words of wisdom welcome:-)

Member #
    I too went the DIY (do it yourself) route when I firsted started my company 5 years ago.
    I had heard about issues of customers not paying and was starting to get issues myself, despite having a contract in place.
    Plus, I had no clause in there stating there was a financial penalty if I had to wait for payment.
    So......I took it to a friend of mine who is an attorney (prosecutor) and he told me there were many things wrong with my contract.
    Off I went to a business attorney he referred me to and he pointed out all the things wrong with it and I was amazed at some of the things I either didn't cover or didn't protect myself on.
    $150 later, I had a awesome contract written by a business attorney.

Along the way, I've seen people who did the Office Depot out of the box forms/contracts, copied them off the internet or a DIY version.
    My advice is to have an attorney go over what you put together as we all have different clauses, the way we do business, and all of the other things that makes our businesses different.

I know I'm protective of my contract, so you may only get "here is what I have" and have it be something they copied off the net.

Good luck.........

*side note: The attorney who drafted my contract wound up using me for his website and he is still my attorney for all my business matters..........so if anything, you can go out and find an attorney who needs a website and maybe trade some services.
    GMan

Member #
    thanks for the reply man.

i have written the contract and my sisters boy freind is a lawyer who will readd over my contract for free:-) and make sure it all good.

i think i'll just get him to advise for free at the moment as cash is well tight.

PS: i'll post the contract on WDF for ppl to use as a template when its done. any advise on where to stick it to? tutorials maybe with a small description?

thanks again man

Remove Ads