Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hi was looking to see if someone can point me in the right direction, basically on this site i found http://www.prentissdouthit.com/collection_wedding.html i was wondering how they get the images on the right to load up in the middle of the page without having it goto a popup or new page. from the source it looks like it was done in flash but not sure. thx

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    Looks like Flash to me ...

Notice how you can't select any text.

Sort of a bad thing as the content won't
    show up ... SEO issues there.

Member #
    Yes it's all flash. Something relatively easy to do.

If you want a more effective site (one that empasizes content over effects), you can use something like Lightbox. Google it. Or, as I use mootools, use Slimbox. There's a sample there too, to see the effect you'll get.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    When you build a site completely with flash, there is little chance any search engines will understand what your site is all about. Human can read the text embedded in flash, but not search engine spiders. So, if seo is a part of the plan, I'd recommend switching gear and redo the site with html and css.
    iRevamp - SEO Service in Minneapolis St Paul, the Twin Cities

Remove Ads