Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello all. I've been looking around at various content management systems for something that can basically, hold media. Imagine this... you have MP3s, Wavs, Pictures and video on a particular band and you want to save them all online for posterity. THe closest piece of software i could find to create such a media archive was MediaWiki. Why?

Versioning and dates... we get the whole history of changes.
    Support. There is support for pictures, media and maybe a little video

Problems?

Not file centric. Files support articles not the other way around. For example, you dont want to create an article about a set list you recovered from the stage. You upload a photo of it, label it and describe it. Its a subtle but important difference.

Wikiness... this isnt going to be edited by the public, least not initially.

Has anyone managed to put something like this together? I havent managed to find any software really. Dont midn editing something a little but it'd be nice to have most of it in place.

Cheers

Member #
    MP3s, Wavs, Pictures and video on a particular band and you want to save them all online for posterity
    sounds like you could use flash, bit pricey though

Remove Ads