Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I need to embed some MP3 files into my website ( http://www.rpwsj.com : podcast/talk show). I would like to have them preloaded for performance reasons, but it needs to be done sequentially not all at once to be nice to the user's bandwidth.

What I need is to be able to start preloading the next immediately after the previous one has completed. How can I determine when one embedded MP3 has finished downloading so that I can have the page start the next one?

Is there some other way of doing this?

Thanks in advance!

Member #
    Well you shouldn't just put MP3s in your page. You should have a player (probably in flash), and that can do the preloading for you.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Steax
    Well you shouldn't just put MP3s in your page. You should have a player (probably in flash), and that can do the preloading for you.
    Thanks for replying. :classic:

So the visitor first loads the player when they come to the site ("loading ... please wait") and then the player downloads the episodes as it plays the first one? Is this what you mean? If so, any player recommendations and/or instructions on how to do this? I would appreciate more details.

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    You should use a flash mp3 player, like the one on twit.tv.
    you might have to look on flashkit.com

Member #
    Thanks, Kayo. I will look into it.

Remove Ads