Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,

I looked up SEO (search engine optimization) on wikipedia and I still don't get it. However, I just contacted a company and they're interested in hiring me for an entry-level position.

Has ANYONE worked at an SEO company before or is familiar with this industry? How legit is this industry? I want to work for a design company instead of solely relying on freelance project after project, but I'm careful to apply for work that doesn't tarnish my reputation in the future.

Member #
    I have never worked at an SEO firm, but I do some SEO work for my web design company. It certainly can be approached in the wrong way and underhanded tactics can be used, but I don't think this is the norm. Overall SEO is a fantastic thing and I think you should take the job after googling the company.
    Christina Van Dyke

CRV Designs
    Apex, NC
    www.crv-designs.com

Member #
    Thanks for your input beachkitty85!

I drove to my introduction/interview for this SEO company and it was great! The head honcho was a young tech guy like I am, they are legitimate and they managed to hire a fun team of programmers and design school graduates who are around my age.

BUT....

I will have to refuse. Even though they are involved with website marketing, they are a full-time only operation and that doesn't allow me any leeway to hurry up and finish up my education. The boss touted that knowing the ins and outs of SEO would become a marketable skill for me, but at the same time I want to get a degree and explore the variety of careers that marketing or even internet marketing has to offer. I don't want to pigeon hole myself. Some of the employees already have their degrees, they are ready to explore their careers 100%. One ace programmer didn't complete college, but he's making a lot of money. However if he were to apply for a web design job in San Francisco, London, Tokyo, NY then they would demand at least a BA + work experience.

Another issue..it will take 50 minutes to drive to work everyday!!! Working for less than 10 an hour!

Member #
    Well I think you are making a wise decision. An education is very important, so you need to make sure you'll have the time to achieve one. It's easy to look at some people without degrees who are succcessful and think that you don't need a degree, but it's just not a good idea. Just like you said - if the person making big bucks moves firms they'd need a degree to keep making the same amount of money.
    Christina Van Dyke

CRV Designs
    Apex, NC
    www.crv-designs.com

Member #
    Hey my friend
    Why did you neglected the job. Actually SEO is an excellent field which is mostly wanted in the market. SEO is done in each and every website to make the website rank top in the major search engines. Anyway if you get a chance to work in SEO in the future don't avoid it. Search Engine Optimization is really very much important and lot ot techniques are handled to make a web site rank at the top. It is very difficult for a website to add traffic and also to increase its PR. So SEO is really a fantastic job. Just check out the link to know more about SEO.
    SEO | SEO Services

Remove Ads