Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: 3D shopping

Banned
    Member #
    What are your opinions about implementing 3D into online store web sites? What role do the modern 3D models play in online shopping field? Can these models help attract buyers to online shopping web site?
    3DProf4online
    from TouchBubble.com

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    depends on how you use it. The website they you are linking to is using a plugin that isn't commonly used. I think if you could use quicktime, or flash, then it could improve your website.

Banned
    Member #
    Comparing 3D product view presentation with Flash it should be pointed out that 3D models are considered to be more realistic! The point is that they allow users to rotate, zoom, move, flip and see each aspect of a product from any angle in real time! In addition the latest technologies allow creating 3D technologies with a small source-file size with excellent quality. These models are downloaded within a seconds!! The difference between 3D and Flash or 2D is incomparable! Isn't it?
    3DProf4online
    from TouchBubble.com

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    but the problem is that people arn't willing to download the plugin that they are going to use just for one website. You will lose alot of visitors

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Moreover, familiarity will often win above reality. Say you go to buy a computer part. A 3d model doesn't really tell you much more than you already know about it. Maybe it's more realistic than a photo, but then the photo isn't much use most of the time, either.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    I'd rather see actual product pictures than 3D renderings. Newegg does a much better job than most at providing lots of high-resolution pictures of their products, so I have no need for 3D rendering; they already took pictures of the parts of the product I care about.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    I couldn't find the perfect example, but this uses the same technology.
    Its a series a images put together. You could use it to focus on one spot, so you have a spining view of the product, and its the real thing. No computerized version.

Member #
    i had an idea like that about a year ago but instead of one shop, it was a shopping centre whcich was a lot like a video game if you do attempt this i think it would be interesting and might even change the way we shop.
    good luck!!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by filburt1
    I'd rather see actual product pictures than 3D renderings. Newegg does a much better job than most at providing lots of high-resolution pictures of their products, so I have no need for 3D rendering; they already took pictures of the parts of the product I care about.
    +1 - I think 3D navigation might simplify online shopping though.

Remove Ads