Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello everyone. This is probably easy for someone, but I'm creating a site for a small mortgage brokerage firm and they wish to update the interest rate displayed on their site each week. I know that I can go in and manually do this, but I really don't want to fool with it. I have explored the co-author feature in Go Live, but I think I could link an anchored table to the site of their lender, which is where the rate originates. Can I link to just one piece of text on another site and have it display on my site dynamically? What is the best option here?
    All help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Member #
    You can link to another website, even just a specific line/section, however you will need authorisation from the other website.

Member #
    Of course the best solution would be to have the other site provide an XML document of their rates, which you can use a server-side script to read, format, and display on your site.

But that needs some work on their end (which is actually pretty simple to do). Chat with them first.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Thanks everyone. The broker does have permission to link since they are a licensed broker for that lender. I was just hoping that it was as simple as linking one table cell to the other site. I just need that one number to display on the site. I will try the suggestions.
    Thanx again!!

Member #
    In such case, that lender should be able to produce some separate file like rate.txt (it's easy if he's using a server-side scripting system) that you can bring into your site quite easily.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Remove Ads