Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey there, I'm considering taking on a project where the client is insterested in a click-to call and click-to-sms system on their website. I vaguely understand the concept but I am not certain how it would be implemented.

My understanding is, the web server connects with something like Oracle Communication and Mobility Server running an SIP servelet. THe serverlet takes the users number and the companies number and, through a PSTN, calls the user, connects, then calls the recipient then disconnects leaving the user and the recipient connected to each other as if the user had dialed directly from his own phone.

That's about as far as I get, I know the process but I don't know what equipment , software or communication connections are needed to get this going. I would also assume that the reciepient would be the one to be billed as the click-to-call service is an option that they sign up for.

Does anyone have any idea how this system would work?
    Go n-ithe an cat thu is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.

Remove Ads