Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I really want to create a website and make money. I've heard some people make money just by page hits, etc. Can someone give me the low down. What are the steps to doing that.
    How bout using a self made template from another website??? I'm so confused!
    BTW, whoever made this forum, great job! Good idea!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I make about $2/day from www.uselise.com for google adwords advertising.

In order to get there, I had to SEO the site and today get about 5000 unique visitors a day.

I could potentially realize more advertising revenues, though, if I sold ad space to Lotus dealers... possibly on the order of $1000/month

In order to make money from a site, there's a simple step-by-step process:
    1. Start with a topic that interests you (e.g. the Lotus Elise),

2. Build a website that provides information and resources to other people interested in that topic,

3. Ask other similar websites to link back to you, and

4. Once you have traffic to justify it, sell advertising on your website or implement a for-pay service.

Member #
    Hi there,
    Three ways to basically make money on a website - sell products, signup to affiliate schemes with big-name companies and display their links on your website, or sign-up to a service such as Google AdSense. Yes unfortunately it's a numbers game, the more visitors the more profit (as long as your server doesn't go down in the process!) so invest in some quality inbound link building, and build the site content as fast and steadily as you can.
    By the way Steven, is that $2 per 5000 unique visitors or per page impressions?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aerodesigns
    By the way Steven, is that $2 per 5000 unique visitors or per page impressions?
    Neither. I was just throwing out some figures. I get about 5000 unique visitors a month (about 150/day), but get paid per click by Google, which in the case of my site translates to about $2/day. I'm not sure how much I actually get per click, because I don't make enough money from it to care.

Member #
    Just an addon.....Is there anything other than google adsense...I mean any other providers...I know yahoo does that but is very strict in giving the ads.

Member #
    There are definitely other ad publishers out there, and some even pay CPM rather than CPC (eg: they pay you for every 1000 page impressions rather than per click) however different publishers have different requirements such as minimum unique visitors per month...
    There's quite a lot of different advertisers on this list:
    Alternatives to Adsense

Member #
    You might want to remember that now the web isn't really much about money flowing all over the place. It won't run dry out, but it's not as franticly active as it used to be. Free stuff is common nowadays, even for high quality things. This is why actually "selling" via the web (ie, getting money from users) doesn't work very well unless you really know what you're doing. Adverts might be an easier route.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    there's also no "easy" way to make money, e.g. slap up a random web page and let the cash roll in.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    I would like to create a website that has graphics and things for users of myspace, friendster, etc. I just don't know where to start. I know someone in the past that did one and made money from the clicks etc. I just need to get the steps together to know what I need to learn to get started and what tools I will need.

Remove Ads