Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Hacked

Member #
    Hi everyone,
    I am not sure if this is the correct forum to stick this question in, but it doesn't seem to fit into any other category.

I recently began working on a website for a customer who decided on his own hosting company. With all of the websites I have done, I have never had a 'hack' problem. It seems that this site has become a problem child with hacking. I discussed it with the host, and they said this is most likely the hacker deciphering the FTP username/password. I have since changed the password to something entirely irrelevant - hence, hard to figure out - yet the site has been hacked into again. Could this be an issue with the host? How do you protect your site?

Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    The question I'd ask is why is someone hacking a small-time site? Does the client have people after him?

Member #
    Not that I know of.... all I see on the page is the hacker boasting that he is showing the 'Admin' that their 'security software/system is weak'..... and then he likes to give shout-outs to all of his friends. :/

Seems like a trouble-maker to me - but I just want to be able to reassure the client that users will not be seeing this sort of info on his site rather than what is intended.... I would also like to know if there is something I can do or is it more of the host's responsibility...

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    The host should have logs showing how the hacker got in.

Remove Ads