Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I don't know if I have a different version of Dreamweaver 8, but I am trying to upload my "images" folder to my server so I do not have to upload dozens of files one at a time. However, my "Files" panel does not contain the icons for uploading (up and down arrows), connecting to the server, etc. It just has a drag down menu for viewing local files, 2 computer icons with ftp. followed by my site, and a managing sites link. I need to be able to upload the entire folder at once. It took me 45 minutes just to upload the images for my index. I cannot afford to do this every time I update. How can I get the default view back. HELP! Thank you very much in advance.

Member #
    I actually had to uninstall Dreamweaver 8 in order to restore my defaults. I even got ahold of someone at Adobe (after calling a ton of numbers) and they could not even figure it out. I guess I've discovered a glitch! However, it anyone does know how to restore the default view of the "Files" panel, I would appreciate it . Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Can't you just right-click on the folder and upload?
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    I wish I could. When I right click on the folder, all I get is New Folder, Edit, Browser, etc. I'm trying to get my icons back so I can connect and upload. I tried uninstalling Dreamweaver hoping that it would restore the defaults and it didn't work. I've searched all of Help too. I hope someone can help because I do not want to have to upload every single file individually with my Yahoo file manager.

Member #
    I think its name put not upload, have you tried the version 8.02 update from adobe here, I had trouble with dreamweaver dropping FTP passwords and it solved that
    Regards Phil,

Remove Ads