Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Banned
    Member #
    When online users visit our web site and try to load our 3d models they usually dislike installing the special plug-in required for 3D product view presentation? Please, tell us how we can solve the given problem?

3DProf4online
    from TouchBubble.com

Member #
    Well people generally don't like having to install something just to see a site. I think your only choice would be to use Flash.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Banned
    Member #
    Comparing 3D product view presentation with Flash it should be pointed out that 3D models are considered to be more realistic! The point is that they allow users to rotate, zoom, move, flip and see each aspect of a product from any angle in real time!
    3DProf4online
    from TouchBubble.com

Member #
    ..which is possible via Flash. Most likely your best shot for quality would be to construct a hash to store the vectored version of your models. This would mean constructing a 3d engine inside Flash, which isn't the simplest thing in the world to do.

Your second choice would be to create an array of images taken with a camera surrounding the entire model in your 3d program. This one is simpler because you just use math to load a certain frame from your server. However this doesn't work if you provide the ability to explore in perspective (such as going inside a 3d house) unless you want to also provide single images for each point of view which is mad.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The other alternative is, of course, Shockwave, which as I recall supports 3d much better than Flash. But, it's also Windows-only, as I recall.

Remove Ads