Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Validation

Member #
    Can anyone give me some links to known validators? It would be good if these forums had a sticky somewhere with links to validate our websites so they meet good standards?

Thank you!

Member #
    The w3c has all the main validators - http://validator.w3.org/ for HTML and http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ for CSS.

There's also a validator for WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) that's
    here (link too long)
    . But this one, for compliance to accessibility which is a very good thing, is quite hard to pass.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    I know theres a DDA validator called Bobby and I believe W3c created it, however I can't find it on google or the w3c website. Have you seen it?

Member #

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    You can get some pretty decent ones for firefox - go to add on pages for Firefox and type validator in the search box, there's two of them I think.

Member #
    Most such validators still use the official ones AFAIK. The validation process is too complex to do via JS, which is what FF uses for plugins. There are, of course, standalone validators.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    You can install the W3C markup validator on your own server if you have root access and Perl. There's not really any advantage in doing so, though, unless you're worried about privacy or you plan to integrate the validator with your project somehow.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Remove Ads