Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    i'm making a photo gallery but it isnt turning out the way it should be

heres what it looks like when i open the file on the computer:

www.carriagecleanerscumming.com/untitled.JPG

but this is what it turned out to be. The first group of pictures that come up are the ones i deleted but if you scroll down some, you'll see the ones that i need working. After clicking on the thumb the bigger picture doesnt appear.:
    www.carriagecleanerscumming.com/photos.html

I didnt do any coding, just used photoshop and did the automated web photo gallery.

can you guys please help me

by the way i made the original site for my business but then while updating it crashed so... who cares but i really need this photo gallery done.

thanks in advance

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Wow ... that was taking way to long to load because of the zillions of images in there. From the JPG you gave us ... you don't need all those images. Loose the slice tool in PS and hand-code your site.

Hand-coding is always the best way to get you page done properly. I mean ... you wouldn't want a machine kissing your girlfriend for you would you? So ... don't let the machine code the page for you ... do it yourself.

Steax posted a very good explanation over here - New to all this - lots of questions!
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    thanks for the link but all i need to do is make this photo gallery quickly and good for a slower connection. note that the reason im making this is to show my grandparents, who are overseas, these pictures then im done with it. so what i need is something really quick, both to make and for their computer to load. i looked for codes and tutorials on how to make a photo gallery but i cant get it to work.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cwazyboi
    thanks for the link but all i need to do is make this photo gallery quickly and good for a slower connection.
    Even if you find a quick fix ... someone on a slower connection is gonna swear at your site with what you have now ... you need to ditch all those useless images that PS spitted out.
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    ok but im only doing this for one person to look at, but how can i make it to where i have the thumbs on the side and the pic in the middle?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    did you upload all the images? they're showing up as broken links for me... see attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    right thats what i wanted to fix but i did upload all the pics and all the files, the first set of thumbs are the ones i deleted so if you scroll down a little you'll see them. when i did the automated web photo gallery in photoshop, it made a folder with all the thumbs, the resized images, the page, and all the graphics. reason i did that is because i dont know coding and tried some tutorials but no luck.

is there any way to make a gallery something like this, execpt working, where the thumbs are on the side and the resized image comes up in the middle and ok for someone with a slow connection, like i said before only one person will be looking at this and they have 56K.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Oh okay, sorry about that. I get it now. Well, when you click on a thumbnail, for example, the last one, it loads an html page in the frame on the right, and this html page comes up:
    http://www.carriagecleanerscumming.c...2007%20415.htm

which is calling this image:
    ../images/spring%20break%2007%20415.jpg

which translates to:
    http://www.carriagecleanerscumming.c...2007%20415.jpg

which gives an error, that the file does not exist. So I'm guessing you need to upload that file?
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    allright so i renamed the directory and uploaded the files again and it works now, but the thing i want to know is is there any way to make them load quicker?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cwazyboi
    allright so i renamed the directory and uploaded the files again and it works now, but the thing i want to know is is there any way to make them load quicker?
    The loading time seems to be related to how many thumbnails you have on the navigation column.

My suggestion to accomplish better load times (without doing programming) would be to make 3 pages with your photoshop wizard or whatnot. Break down your summer break into
    summerbreak - preshow
    summerbreak - show
    summerbreak - aftershow

Note, this is just an example. You could break it down however you wanted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads