Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I just spent all day Googling for an ezine program--or third party ezine hosting--that includes payment processing. Found nothing.

I found lots of articles about "the great advantages to add a paid upgrade to your free ezine." Yes...but how...?

I am installing a Vbulletin forum. I believe that the Vbulletin forum software has a built-in payment processor for 'premium membership upgrades.' And also can send emails. But, Vbulletin has no automatic removal of bounce-mails, and other ezine features. It is not an ezine program.

....so if all else fails...maybe I can make do with using Vbulletin for my paid ezine....but there should be a better way...?

...helllllp...anybody...

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    IIRC, there are some vBulletin mods that will remove bounce mails. Check vbulletin.org

Also, you may want to ask http://www.php-mag.net/ how they do it. IMHO they've got a great system.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Thank you very much Wired.

I discussed this at Vbulletin forum last week.
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228635

Discussion summary: The 'vBouncer' mod is unsupported. Updates often depend on new volunteers. Also basically not ideal to clog a Vbulletin database with thousands of ezine members.

As for PHP-mag.net... I will keep this in mind! But for the startup, I don't want to spend time researching non-shelf software that is probably over my head or my budget.

...And I have been posting about this in 4 webhosting forums for 4 days....and Wired, you are the only one to reply....sooooooo....I am thinking what I want 'does not exist'...?

In conclusion: after all, it seems the best candidate for starting a paid ezine is VBULLETIN with it's 'paid upgrade' features including (I think) automatic setup of Paypal recurrent billing.

...So I plan use PHPLIST for the 'free' ezine of hopefully 10,000 subscribers...

...and VBULLETIN for the 'paid upgrade' of hopefully 1,000 subscribers...

...and if by chance the paid subsribers grow to 3,000.......then as you suggest, I will ask PHP-mag.net, and others like that, what they are doing.....

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    I'd check vBulletin.ORG, not .COM, for plugins.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads