Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    :lick: Ok, so if you buy a premade website would you still be able to make money from it? Is it better just to create your own and how hard is that actually? This is absolutely ridiculous... I am lost and I"m in my class at The Art Institute. What resources can I use to hurry this process up while I finish this d@mn class. I have so many ideas.

Member #
    Pre-made websites are copyrighted. If you resell them and you get caught out you will be in trouble. HTML and CSS are really easy to learn, i mean you could get a site up in a weekend without much difficulty.

www.w3schools.com
    www.webdesignfromscratch.com

Try the above,m youw ill be sorted in no time.

Member #
    Liked
    760 times
    nmejias ...

I just responded to your other post before reading this one.

I'll ask this question again on this post ...

Are you more interested in website design (graphics, layout, content),
    or are you more interested in website development (XHTML/CSS/PHP/MySQL etc)?

It's hard to be proficient at both, because each part requires learning and
    experience to be really good at it. It sounds like you want to make websites
    as a career, to make money. To avoid the frustration you're facing, focus on
    either design or development and start on the one you're interested in.

Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nmejias
    :lick: Ok, so if you buy a premade website would you still be able to make money from it? Is it better just to create your own and how hard is that actually? This is absolutely ridiculous... I am lost and I"m in my class at The Art Institute. What resources can I use to hurry this process up while I finish this d@mn class. I have so many ideas.
    are you looking to use a premade site for a school assignment, or for the real world? For the latter, if you buy a template, and specifically one where you have FULL rights to it, then yes, you could resell it, but who knows if you could make money from that.

Note that there are tons of template sites where they'll sell you a copy of the template, but you don't have rights to sell it, and must state where you got it from.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Perad
    Pre-made websites are copyrighted. If you resell them and you get caught out you will be in trouble. HTML and CSS are really easy to learn, i mean you could get a site up in a weekend without much difficulty.

www.w3schools.com
    www.webdesignfromscratch.com

Try the above,m youw ill be sorted in no time.
    Thanks for the links. I guess one thing is I dont know where to start. What do I need to learn and what programs do I need?

Member #
    You need to learn the basic languages - (X)HTML and CSS. There's a lot of sites on them... HTML Dog is also nice. You'll then want to either take the plunge in the glamor of Javascript, or the sophistication of a server-side language. You can worry about those later, though.

Programs... it you're fresh, I must persuade you know to use a text editor (I use notepad++). Avoid visual tools like Frontpage and Dreamweaver at all costs. Save yourself before getting caught in the bottomless hole of WYSIWYG editors.

I wish you the best of luck.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Remove Ads