Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hello I am not sure which forum this should be in so here goes:

I am using Dreamweaver 8 on a Mac which has a wide screen apple cinema monitor. I use the code and design split view. I am finding it frustrating that I can not find a way to change the split from horizontal to vertical and Google isn't helping either. I just want to use up more of my screen while designing/coding.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Member #
    I'm not sure... but why do you want two views, anyway? Try living only on code.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    I spend my time mostly in design but sometimes tweak in code or want to see why something is wrong. The current layout design+code is really setup for portrait screens. I have such wasted space.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, design mode generally creates crap code. So it's a bad idea. If you insist on using it, see if you can open up two windows of Dreamweaver that can work together. I haven't used Dreamweaver in forever, though, so I don't know if that'll work.

Real editors let you split your screen, but they're text-only editors

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steax
    I'm not sure... but why do you want two views, anyway? Try living only on code.
    I don't see anything wrong with coding in split view so that you can see the result in design view. It can make things a lot quicker, rather than having to save and THEN view in a browser.

But anyways, I can't find a way to view it vertically though.
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    For seeing the results, though, a good solution is getting a browser going that auto-refreshes every X amount of seconds, and then your code view.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It would still be faster just to see the results in the design view though. And then once you have the general layout, then you can tweak it for different browsers... Just my opinion though...

Member #
    I agree with raspberryh. I love the fact that I can see the changes right there. It really helps, me anyway, that I can change the font style and immediately see how it looks.

Don't get me wrong, I always test in browsers, because the DW rendering engine isn't perfect, but it does get the colors right.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Oh yeah, I'm not saying it's a bad idea to use a design view. I'm saying to get vague replication of what you get there if you're having an issue like cheeseplant is having.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfiend
    Oh yeah, I'm not saying it's a bad idea to use a design view. I'm saying to get vague replication of what you get there if you're having an issue like cheeseplant is having.
    Oh, I see what you're saying. He can have the auto-refresh browser window and dreamweaver code view side-by-side. That's a good solution.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads