Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi Everybody
    I am a new designer/coder and I have a client who would like his customers to subscribe to a newsletter. He would like the email addresses that are submitted to go to his email address.
    I created the subscribe button and box for the customers to enter their email but I don't know how to make the submitted addresses go to his email. Help!

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Well ... you'll need to use a server-side language to do that ... like PHP or .NET or even Perl.

PHP is probably the mostly used language but check with your host, see what they support. Then ... choose which language you'll be using.
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Does he just want the email address of those that sign up to come straight to his inbox, or does he want them to be stored in a database to send the newsletters out?
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by -chris-
    Does he just want the email address of those that sign up to come straight to his inbox, or does he want them to be stored in a database to send the newsletters out?
    Right now he just wants it to go to his inbox but I would love to know how to do it both ways just in case.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by karinne
    Well ... you'll need to use a server-side language to do that ... like PHP or .NET or even Perl.

PHP is probably the mostly used language but check with your host, see what they support. Then ... choose which language you'll be using.
    Thanks - I'll check with my host.

Remove Ads