Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have a PDF file I want to let users download from my site. However, I want to require them to enter a name and e-mail address in order to do so. I'm not quite sure how I should go about this. Is there some kind of CGI/Perl or PHP plug-in I should install and use? Or is there something else?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    For PHP, it should be relatively straightforward. Create a form, make it point to the PHP script, and then have the PHP script authenticate them, then redirect them to the appropriate PDF file. Alternatively, you can make the PHP script directly read the PDF in and then write it out to the browser, which will mean that you can put your PDF somewhere where it's literally impossible to access without authentication.

Finally, you can use plain ol' HTTP authentication with a .htaccess and .htpasswd file, if you so wish.

Remove Ads