Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    just need a bit of crit on the general layout before i build more of the site.

what do you like ... and what do you not

any opinions welcome:-)
    Last edited by Karloff; Sep 12th, 2013 at 01:24 PM.

Member #
    I like it. It doesn't make me say "WOW!" but I do like it.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Nice, clean simple layout.....good use of color.
    The only thing that confused me was the Recent Projects I thought it was still loading (since it seems to bottom out).

Looks good though. Only thing I can say is the Recent Projects (the "s" in projects) is behind the border of the flash, so it looks a little off......bring it forward should solve that.

None of the page are linked, so can't say anything there.

Not bad, looks good.....
    GMan

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by planetgman
    Nice, clean simple layout.....good use of color.
    The only thing that confused me was the Recent Projects I thought it was still loading (since it seems to bottom out).

Looks good though. Only thing I can say is the Recent Projects (the "s" in projects) is behind the border of the flash, so it looks a little off......bring it forward should solve that.

None of the page are linked, so can't say anything there.

Not bad, looks good.....
    sorry, only spent a few hrs on the site last night (design and dev) so it was only that page i got semi done.

as for the 'recent' title overlapping, i presume you looking at in something other than FF? once again i was rushing to get a bit of crit, wasn't sure i was going down the correct route.

will do more tonight and post a better version later.

ta much guys

Member #
    Yeah, I am in IE7 (yes, I admitted it)........but in my defense, this is a work computer.
    GMan

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Nice clean code I notice - no errors or warnings.

I think it has a lot of potential, like the way you get different colours on the rollovers, nice font etc. etc.

It's basic (at the moment) but clean and clear with nice layout and colour scheme. Gets thumbs up from me.

Have you considered using a flash object triggered by js overlaying a static image for the box rather than a js image changer routine? These js pic changing routines annoy me slightly compared to flash - they make the mouse pointer go all glitchy when you move it around. Also would open up possibilities for a more attractive fade in/out.

Member #
    The thing is, flash brings around its own limitations (*me must defend fellow jQuery innerFade user*). I really think a lightweight script like that is better... I don't jumpy cursors. Do you? Besides, I think fade in/out softly is a lot better than other effects. It could retract focus from people trying to read the text or looking at the the menu.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steax
    The thing is, flash brings around its own limitations (*me must defend fellow jQuery innerFade user*). I really think a lightweight script like that is better... I don't jumpy cursors. Do you? Besides, I think fade in/out softly is a lot better than other effects. It could retract focus from people trying to read the text or looking at the the menu.
    My cursor jumps - but I'm using an old slow machine, that could be it. This happens with all of these js powered fade in things I view on this comp, the cursor becomes very jumpy as the js loops away in the background.

I see your point entirely - although recently I came across a script which I like that places static content within a div for people without flash player, and then for people with flash player overlays a movie on top of it. I really like this, but I suppose it's a matter of personal preference at the end of the day. It's triggered by js, so I suppose with either method if you have js turned off you just get a static pic.

Although I dislike flash being used too much I quite like it used with the overlay script in this context. However I'm sure that's an entirely new thread .

Member #
    the code shouldn't really be looked at at the mo. thatnks for the comments but its more the design stage.,

the jquery effect was choosen over flash i would prefer some fancy jquery in my port

more to come soon guys. thanks for the comments:-)

Member #
    I like the old nav better.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads