Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

View Poll Results: Internet Explorer or Firefox?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Firefox

10 100.00%
  • Internet Explorer

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    I'm new to the forum & I love online debates so I thought I would kick off my first post with this, I only just downloaded firefox and i love it, my vote goes to firefox and i will never go back! I mainly like it because it has tabbed browsing, its fast, includes spell checking, you can add extra plugins & extensions! if you use firefox already, upgrade to firefox 2 now, if you don't have it yet, download it FREE from: Firefox

Which do you prefer? please cast your vote & give your views...

Member #
    The only thing that bites is how firefox saves a website to hardisk. It doesn't use the website's title as its filename unlike internet explorer.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, it uses the website location's file name. That seems reasonable

Firefox rocks, but so does Opera. And Konqueror/Safari. Really, just about every browser *except* IE rocks. Konqueror/Safari have some pretty extensive support for CSS3 styles (like multi-column layouts, multiple background images, border images, and other awesome stuff like that). Firefox also has some limited support for a few of those. Opera's lagging in this regard so far, though their next rendering engine will probably support some of it (I'm guessing). And then, of course, there's IE.

Member #
    Alas, we must accept that the entire existence of IE5 and 6 (the two IEs we should be talking about - IE7 isn't bad, although still not as good as FF) is there only because windows used to ship with it.

Just imagine what would happen in PCs had Firefox bundled with it and IE was introduced as a separate package by microsoft. That would be interestingly horrible.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Oh I'm done caring about IE5. Stopped doing that a couple of years ago Anyone who runs IE5 can use Firefox up to 1.5 (I believe support for pre-WinXP was dropped in 2.0). That's good enough for me.

Member #
    Although the amount of users of Windows 98 who actually use their internet for something other than newsletters and browsing is less than 10%?
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

ljm
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Firefox isn't necessarily great on OS X, but no other browser has the Adblock and Filterset.G extensions, and no browser I've tried (except maybe Camino) allows site specific styling through CSS.

The latter is a god send, especially since one forum I frequent looks an absolute state without it.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Opera should support it (CSS styling), I believe.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfiend
    Opera should support it (CSS styling), I believe.
    Yea, you can set your own stylesheet in Opera.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfiend
    Well, it uses the website location's file name. That seems reasonable
    Not for me, I have been visiting some tutorial sites which uses PHP, and if I am not careful in choosing the name of the file, especially when I am really really drowsy from work, I might end up have an incomplete tutorial because I accidentally end up over writing one file that has the same filename.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads