Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: I am toasted

Member #
    I am a frustrated designer but a good developer. I am currently toasted. I can't think of any web designs because, well.. I can't think of a freakin' company or business in the first place! Can some one please be my mock client for a mock company? I can't seem to move forward with any other human intervention.

Member #
    Sure, PM me.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    There are so many medias out there to gain inspiration from, you aren't looking hard enough.

When looking for new clients, I tell my sales staff to draw from areas they can have a rapport with:

1) Target a specific area or town. The one you live in, one you grew up in, etc. This gives you something to talk about when talking with potential clients.

2) An industry you know about. Maybe one you grew up in that your family worked in and one you worked in previously. Again, it gives you something to talk to a customer about.

3) A product or service you regulary use. Something that interests you or a hobby that you have. These are usually easier to do because they are something that you actively have an interest in.

Look up SIC codes for businesses (they identiify all of the different businsesses/industries) and pick an area you like. Vertical marketing works great in that you can target a specific business. Say, Automotive Repair. Once you get one client and you have some experience in working with them, it is much easier to get the next one.

You have limited yourself which is why you have run out of ideas.

Good luck......
    GMan

Member #
    I'll go with your first tip. My hometown once held the longest grill in the world. Image hunting time. hehehe... thanks gman!

Member #
    If you're still in need of a fake biz you can PM me, and I'll think of a couple..

good times...
    http://christopher-scott.org - Ramblings of an amateur web designer
    http://childfreechoice.com - An online community for the positively childfree

Remove Ads