Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Greetings folks,

My name is David and I have recently gotten into the whole web design thing and because I new to the field I am looking for some advice regarding a website that I have been asked to do.

The site in question is for a Fashion Designer and his store. I hav eno problems with the XHTML or CSS side of things. But there are some features that he requires that I would like suggestions for.

The customer in question is going to need a catalogue and online store as well as news letters to be sent out monthly. He would also like to be able to embed some video in the site as he is quite well known designer.

Also as it is a fashion site the colour schemes will need to be changed on a regular basis to tend in tune with current trends that the clothes he is designing.

In regards to the colours schemes, the basic layout for the site will remain static as will the images and all that will need to be changed are the colours.

So with all this in mind I was hoping if some of the members here could recommend technologies or web based software that would aid me in the design of said site.

As it stands I am thinking a joomla based cms system...but the catalogue and web store software is primarily what I am interested in, as it needs to be graphically in tune with the rest of the site.

Thanks a million in advance,
    David

Member #
    Hi David,

Look at shopify for a simple online web store:
    http://www.shopify.com/

If you are skilled in PHP and you need to customise your store extensively you could try OsCommerce or CubeCart.
    If you google these you'll find the URLs easily.

For monthly newsletters I'd consider using Campaign Monitor: www.campaignmonitor.com/

It's very user friendly.

Chris.

Remove Ads