Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello,
    All fellow web designers, I am getting back to designing web pages its been a while, I have a customer that has created 27 pages for their website, they want me to basically set them up with hosting company, however the files are PDFs and Microsoft Word. I am using DW04 (Dreamweaver04) if I view the files in the browser the PDFs show in its program window like it would if you went to a site and wanted to see a file and its PDF. The MSword file it can be converted to HTML however it aligns everything either to the left or right.
    Can i get some help as soon as possible. I have a hosting company already and so does the customer.

Member #
    Liked
    728 times
    Converting "anything that's Microsoft" to HTML is usually a disaster.

The conversion ends up so messed-up, and convoluted, it usually doesn't
    display on anything but IE, and bad at that too.

You'll need to somehow separate their graphics (or get the original graphic files),
    and then code the layouts by hand. If you can get one page done (the main page),
    and the other pages are basically the same "look", you can knock-off the rest of
    it fairly easily.

Just out of curiosity, PM me with a link to a PDF file (their main page).
    I would be curious to see how it's supposed to look.

And can you get the original graphic files from them (not the PDF)?

Remove Ads