Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Between PHP Frameworks, Ruby on Rails, and Python Django?

Which has the brightest future? What is best for an e-commerce and social networking site that needs to be highly-scalable? Which has the most professional, knowledgeable and intellectual developer pool?

DGS
    Member #
    I'd say it's whichever you are most comfortable with and whichever you know how to use best.

Member #
    I'm not a developer, but getting ready to contract an application out and I'm curious what everyone's opinion of the various frameworks are since I am by no means an expert.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    On this topic, I am currently developing a PHP framework right now: Transio Framework

A friend of mine is wrapping up his Javascript Framework (don't laugh, it's AMAZING): Golf

I'd say Ruby on Rails, PHP Zend, and Cake PHP are your best bets in terms of existing frameworks for the languages you mentioned. I don't know anything about Python.

For scalability, I'd say Zend. That's what Magento Commerce is built on. Nice thing about Zend Framework is that you can run it on the Zend Platform, which gives significant performance enhancements. Of course, you could run anything on a load-balanced EC cluster and be fine in terms of scalability...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'd say it really depends how big you plan the site on being.
    Many sites get developed without frameworks.
    Usually i f the developer has a good understanding of MVC architecture (one of the best design patterns which emphasizes seperation of data access, business logic, and presentation) than he can do it without a framework. This is bad for scalability and maintenance most of the time though. Most of these frameworks (CAKE PHP, MVC4PHP, and others) just force users to comply with the seperation.

There are many frameworks and it really depends on what youre doing.
    Sometimes a light framework or no framework is the best option

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I'd say Ruby on Rails, PHP Zend, and Cake PHP are your best bets in terms of existing frameworks for the languages you mentioned. I don't know anything about Python.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by johnpatrick View Post
    Hi Diyhome, it sounds good. Would like to suggest Python and Ruby on Rails are the best Web Based Application platform to build highend applications. Below service providers will help you to get this done and have a look.

Ruby on Rails Development Services

Python Development Services

All the best for your dream project
    This isn't the place to spam your site.

Member #
    Trying to just use plain PHP and HTML to create your pages will drive you crazy as your project reaches 10+ files.
    But its an awesome language thought. It have some lack of patterns for function names and other quirks, but hey, which language is perfect? Every langage have its caveats and advantages. And for web, yes, PHP takes a HUGE advantage.

Remove Ads