Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Alright so here it goes...

We've recently acquired a site lindaruderman.com from another company. As of now we can't do half of our monthly reports on the site because google (and our other utilities) are telling us that the robots.txt is not allowing for crawling.

Type in lindaruderman.com/robots.txt and see that this indeed false.

So my question is...

Can the other company have a robots.txt file on the old lindaruderman.com site that is effecting us? I've also noticed that all the pages google mentions that are being block are in reference to the old site. For example there isn't a contact.php file on our iteration of the site. We have a /contact/ page being that we utilize friendly URLs.

Any suggestions are appreciated....
    Christopher Carvache
    Web Developer / SEO
    Northeast Web Design
    +1.860.906.7802

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Only thing I can say is that it will take the next crawl from Google the get your site indexed correctly. The old site should be removed from the server. Eventually these and other conflicts will be ironed out.

Remove Ads