Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

jj1
    Member #
    I have started using Lightbox on some of my sites to give an image slideshow effect.
    On my home site http://www.uniquewebsites.co.uk/web-...-portfolio.htm I am always able to view this page OK.
    On a site that I am just completing for a customer - http://www.eticaprojects.co.uk/uk-pr...ft-service.htm I sometimes get an "Operation Aborted" error message on the first time I try to view this page using IE6 on my laptop (it's OK on firefox, ie7, safari, chrome, opera and other computers I have that use ie6; it's OK on the customer's ie6 computer).
    Has anyone else experienced this problem and does anyone know what the cause is and - more importantly - what the fix is?
    Is it due to a security setting on my home computer (it doesn't like me running scripts when I view in-progress websites on my browser)? However, as I cannot control what settings others have on their computers, is there any way around it?

jj1
    Member #
    I believe - hope - I have now solved this problem. For anyone interested, it seems there is a bug in ie6 which gives an "operation aborted" error message when a script such as lightbox tries to load before the page itself has loaded. The solution is to call the script from the footer rather than the header.

Remove Ads